The Hawks Eye

Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu and Eevee!

Christopher Felix, 12th Grade

Genre: Role-Playing, Animation

Rating: E For Everyone

Score: ★★★★✩

Friday, November 16, 2018, two of the most anticipated games of the year Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee released on the Nintendo Switch. Throughout the game, the player gets to explore the “diverse and vibrant” region of Kanto as they catch Pokemon.

The player’s primary objective in this game is to become the very best! “How do you do that?” one may ask. Well, to achieve this great feat, one must capture power Pokemon, and train them to go their full potential. While doing so, you must battle and beat every gym leader in Kanto, make your way to the elite four, and win.

From the previous successful games Pokemon Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun, Nintendo decided to step up their game and improve the graphics tremendously, the story, and the overall experience of the game.

Seeing the Pokemon game franchise get another installment brings a smile to my face especially since the first game I ever played was Pokemon Sapphire. The Pokemon game series is what got into gaming as a whole, and I will always be appreciative of that.

I would recommend this game to everyone who has played any of the previous pokemon games or watched the television show. The series as a whole changed my childhood and I can’t wait to get my hands on this game!

This is Pikachu, a pokemon that you can choose to embark on a journey to become the very best! By: Nehki Ferguson, 12th Grade